High Protein Tuna Salad
- 1 can tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 egg, hardboiled
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- Spices and vegetables of your choice, based on tolerance
- Drain the tuna well and pour into medium-sized mixing bowl
- Cut the egg into bite-sized pieces and place into bowl
- Add Greek yogurt, spices, and vegetables based on your tolerance
- Mix well. Add more Greek yogurt if it isn’t moist enough
- Eat straight from the bowl, or spread on a thin cracker to eat.
Herbed Scrambled Eggs with Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and beat well with a whisk
- Add the milk and beat well, until eggs are frothy
- Pour egg mixture into warm pan, immediately start moving around with spatula
- Keep moving the mixture until nearly cooked through, add spices
- Once the mixture is cooked, top with cheese and let melt
- 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit
- Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Coat the chicken breast in the olive oil. Set aside.
- Combine the salt, pepper, basil, dill, thyme and rosemary on a plate. Use a fork to mix well.
- Press the chicken into the herb mixture on both sides. Shake off excess
- Place into prepared baking pan. Press any extra herbs you desire into chicken.
- Fill the pan with the chicken broth. Add more chicken broth or water until chicken is half covered.
- Place in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes or until cooked to at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese plus extra for topping
- 1/2 cup Whole heat breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic powder or 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminium foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the ground chicken, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, eggs, salt, pepper and spices in a bowl. Use your hands to combine well.
- Form 12 meatballs from mixture. They should be slightly bigger than a golf ball.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 cup marinara sauce and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well. Add 1 tsp marinara sauce mixtures to the top of each meatball. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp marinara sauce to the top of each meatball and sprinkle with more parmesan cheese. Add one slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until cheese melts and starts to get golden brown.
Mini Taco Bowls
- 1 pound ground beef or chicken
- 1 packet taco seasoning of your choice
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 ounces fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup Mexican-blend cheese, shredded
- Place a pan over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Once heated, place the ground beef or chicken in the pan. Stir occasionally, until beef is no longer pink or chicken is cooked through.
- Drain excess fat from the pan. Pour in the packet of taco seasoning and water. Once boiling, turn heat to low and cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place eight bowls on counter. Fill each bowl with one ounce fat-free refried beans.
- Layer the seasoned ground meat on top of the beans, two ounces per bowl.
- Layer 1 tsp of fat-free sour cream on top of the ground meat.
- Layer 1 ounce of Mexican-blend cheese on top.
Follow the Rules
While the soft foods diet can be exciting, it’s important to remember to eat slowly and chew well. You’ll be preparing for more solid foods and continuing to focus on your hydration and protein. You’ll try canned meats, like chicken and tuna, as well as canned vegetables and fruit. You can eat scrambled or hard-boiled eggs too. Remember to always eat your protein first, and wait 30 minutes before and after you eat to drink. During the soft foods diet after surgery, it’s important to chew each small bite 20 to 30 times. Soon, you’ll graduate to regular foods, which you will eat for the rest of your life.
Don’t forget – you can download a complete soft foods diet grocery list and menu plan. You need this valuable download to know the exact foods to buy to prepare for life after bariatric surgery. Plus, get exclusive tips and a daily sample menu for you to use after your surgery. Take the stress out of bariatric surgery and get your free download today!
You can eat anything you can mash with a fork, like mashed potatoes, tuna, chicken, or salmon. You can also have eggs, oatmeal, cream of wheat, hard-boiled eggs and bananas. You can also continue any foods from previous phases.
1. Canned meats, like tuna, chicken or salmon.
2. Low-fat cottage cheese or soft cheese
3. Eggs, Egg Beaters, or hard-boiled eggs
4. Fish or crab meat
5. Ground chicken or ground veal
6. Soft canned vegetables or well-cooked frozen vegetables
7. Soft canned fruits (no sugar added or with Splenda)
9. Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, Cream of Rice
10. Saltine crackers